Happy 4th of July! It’s the first day off that both myself and the boyfriend has had off when it hasn’t been too disgusting to even think of cooking (unlike last night which consisted of throwing food in the oven and then sitting next to the air conditioner to ward off the heat) So we wanted to do something a little more ambitious, and this usually means almond flour pancakes! Well I flip open my favorite almond flour cookbook and we don’t have a good 1/2 of the ingredients.. oops guess it’s time to restock, but for now it’s time to wing it! I have hazelnut flour and bananas and that seems like a good enough combination for me!
Hazelnut Banana Pancakes
1) Mix all the dry ingredients
2) Mix all the wet ingredients, except the oil and 1/8 cup almond milk
3) Mix dry and wet well
4) If you used the coconut flour you will probably need the extra milk (it acts like a sponge!) very slowly add the milk until you get desired consistency
5) Melt 1/2 the oil in cast iron pan, then add more oil as needed while cooking
6) I served with almond butter and syrup, but topped with jam and fruit would also be delicious!